How Do I Check My 2020 BECE School Placement | How To Check 2020 BECE School Placement
How Do I Check My 2020 BECE School Placement?… A common question among candidates who have checked their 2020 BECE results online.
The BECE school placement checker is only enabled to candidates who participated in the just-concluded BECE examination. Prospective Senior High School (SHS) students who wrote the Basic Education Certificate Examination can now check their school placement details.
There are actually two ways of checking your BECE school placements 2020. You can either check using your mobile phone or using an internet-enabled device. In this guide, we’ll take you through the two processes involved in checking your school placement.
The Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS), a system used by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to place qualified B.E.C.E graduates into Senior High School (SHS), Technical Institutes (TI), and Vocational Institutes in Ghana will allow the BECE graduates to see the schools they have been admitted to and program offered.
To check their school placement, B.E.C.E / J.H.S graduates can TEXT their 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBER to the shortcode which works on MTN, Vodafone, Airtel, Tigo cash, and Kasapa.
LATEST UPDATE: According to the DG of the Ghana Education Service, the BECE placement will be out on Sunday, 21st February 2021. All SHS 1 students will start classes from 10th March 2021, with all students embarking on the single-track academic calendar.
The placement will cover candidates, both school and private, who wrote the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) in 2020, as well as other re-entrants.
In all, about 525,000 qualified BECE candidates will be seeking placement into 721 senior high, technical, and vocational schools of their choice which have declared about 535,000 vacancies.
Where to Buy BECE Placement Checker | How To Check 2020 BECE School Placement
There are some accredited placement checkers online where you can purchase the BECE placement checker. Some of them are:-
- Ghana Post
- Apex Bank
- Swift Africa Logistics Limited
- Face Dynamics
- Modello and Gem Limited
You can buy Placement checker online using mobile money (ALL NETWORKS) and print them instantly. CLICK HERE TO BUY.
How to Check BECE School Placements Via Mobile Phone
IMPORTANTLY, this method might be obsolete with the 2020 school placement, so we recommend you use the CSSPS placement portal.
If the above method doesn’t work, simply dial *447*160# to get your placement on your phone.
Below are the steps to check your SHS placement.
Let us assume your index number is 9797979797
STEP 1: Go to Messages on your phone and initiate a new SMS/TEXT message.
STEP 2: Type your index number Eg: 9797979797 and send to shortcode 1060.
STEP 3: You will receive details of the school placement. (if this does not work, then go to STEP 4.)
STEP 4: Add the last two digits of your year of completion to the index number and send. EG: If you completed in 2020, type 979797979719 and send it to 1060.
NOTE: Do not add any [SPACE] anywhere. No space before or after. Just text the 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBER to 1060 shortcode.
Also note that in STEP 4 above, the 9797979797 is the assumed index number and 19 is the year of completion. Those numbers are just for demonstration purposes.
NOTE: If the first step does not work try this
To access the portal the first thing to do is to get a pin code. Dial *713*24# to get the code on your phone and then log on to the site.”
In entering your index numbers must add 19 (e.g 979797979720), signifying the year of completion, “and then you go through the other instructions by inserting your serial number and pin and then your placement.
How to Check BECE Placement on PC
In order for you to check your CSSPS placement online, follow the steps below;
- The first step is to ensure you have the placement checker.
- Ensure that you have access to a computer that has Internet access.
- Using your computer, visit the CSSPS result checker online portal: http://www.cssps.gov.gh/ or https://www.cssps.org/
- Proceed to enter your BECE index number. It should be 10 digits. And also your year of examination. For example, if your index number is 1234567890 and the year of your examination is 2020, this is what you will input: 123456789020.
- On your checker, you will get a serial number. Enter the serial number found on top of the scratch card in the field designated for it.
- Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) that will also be found on the scratch card you had purchased.
- After you are done, you then click submit. Be patient and wait for the results window to pop up. If you are successful, the CSSPS placement checker print form option will appear. Click on print to print out your form.
If you are not placed into a school, proceed with the self-placement.
Problems Encountered When Checking Your Placement
You might experience some problems when going through this process.
The most common problem is when you submit your details but the system seems not to recognize your details. So when messages like this pop up “Sorry the Index Number, Scratch Card Number/PIN Number does not exist. Please look carefully and retype.
Do not panic you will get the placement form eventually. Try again using the same scratch card. Do not be tempted to buy another scratch card because the fault is not on the scratch card.
Some of the reasons you might be experiencing challenges printing your admission forms include:
- Large number: When a lot of people are checking their results on the website, it slows down. Therefore, you shouldn’t panic but just be patient.
- Withheld results: You might also experience challenges if your results were received later than others. If the results are withheld, you can get them later so keep checking until you have them.
BECE Contacts Details
All enquires about the Basic Education Certificate Examination may be (directed to the National Examination Administration Department, Telephone Numbers: 233-0302- 685917, 233-0302- 685947, 233-0302- 685986